I was not missing much flyingwise today. Before my train left from Shin-Osaka, I was meeting Masako, a Japanese lady pilot, who had suffered a major accident in 2010 in Canazei. A helicopter overflow the LZ and the downwash made her glider collapse during the approach to landing :-(( We had stayed in loose contact all aver these years...
So 3 changes and and 5 hours later I arrived in Hakuba and was picked up by my friend Koji. I had met him and his wife Mari in the 90's when I came for the first time to Hakuba for paragliding. Ever since we met (infrequently) here on my layovers and later pg-visits or in Europe, either in Switzerland or twice on his yacht as he was cruising the Adriatic sea or the French canals. He graciuosly offered me to stay with him at his house in Hakuba - many thanks!!
Later I was invited to an excellent Soba dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment