Sunday, 14 April 2019

Japan -day 7: Rain

As predicted, today was (another) rest day. We had arranged to (finally) meet Rick and Leanne in the evening and have dinner together. I had offered (already before leaving home) to prepare a meal.
So in the morning we had to get all the necessary ingredients. Then we headed South to Hitoyoshi, where I had reserved rooms for Yuko and me in an Onsen. So, even before checking-in we got to dip in the warm water :-)


Onsen
From there it was another 35' drive South to meet Rick, Leanne and Pete
Then I had to cook diner for 5 in this rather 'frugal' kitchen...



Menu: Spaghetti with Lemon and Basil; Risotto (with red wine) and lamb steaks; dessert 'Birabrot' (pear bread) - at least everybody was kind enough to ssy that they liked it ;-)


Yuko, Pete, Leanne, Rick
Back to our hotel for a short night.


 We have to leave at 0730 in order to meet the others at Kanemi-dake LZ at 1000.


No comments: