Friday, 12 April 2019

Japan -day 5: Kirikabu

What a strange day...
According to the fcst it should have been sunny for most of the day.
When we left Kumamoto for Kirikabu it (still) was.


The further North we got, the cloudier the sky became. When we arrived on launch the sky was almost completely overcast. I prepared myself for a sledder, so I could tick off this flight area from my list. But when I finally was ready to launch, it started to rain :-((  We waited for an hour on launch and the headed down in order to look for an Onsen to take a dip and wait for better weather.


The Onsen we choose had two pools, the iside pool was ok temperature wise, but the outside pools  was -at least for me- way too hot, so I just got in for the picture ;-)

Then we returned to launch: winds straight in (15-kmh) with sunny spells. For once there was no shortage of wind socks.

overwiew of Kirikabu launches
Some other pilots where already flying, but it still was a bit too cloudy for the thermals to devellop nicely. So everybody hung around launch.

LZ and launch

To finish the day (and before heading back to Kumamoto) we had dinner at a local noodle shop: soba and vegetable and ebi tempura.

Tomorrow: I'm not sure; according to Rick the wind should change to SE in the morning and SW in the afternoon, so that would mean Kabuto-iwa and Daikanbo. He also gave us a contact, which we'll contact in the morning. But we will see...

1 comment:

giclog-KOBA said...

I'm glad to know that you can enjoy Kyusyu and play with your good friends.