Wednesday, 19 October 2022

Medergen / Arosa

Tue (18.10.) Hiking from our hut in Medergen up to 'Wangegg'. As I had feared, the wind was rather weak - but at least from the good direction. Even though the flight lasted only 5 minutes, that was far better than having to hike down again ;-)

Wangegg: looking towards Medergen/ Arosa Weisshorn
Sapün
Medergen
launch is on the ridge at the far left/ Medergen/ Medergerflue


Wed (19.10) Arosa Weisshorn: lot of patience was needed before I had a good window for launching. But the waiting time was well spent, as right after take-off I hit a thermal, which took me to 600m over the top of Weisshorn within about 5 minutes :-))

Arosa Weisshorn (2653m)
looking SW: Hörnli, Aroser Rothorn
Pano looking South: Bernina group
Medergen
Golfcourse

As I had promised Ruth that we'd go to Medergen for an afternoon tea, I landed after a little more than half an hour at 'Prätschli'. For this time of the year, conditions have been excellent: nice/ mellow thermals, high cloud base and only little wind.

'official' LZ at Prätschli

No comments: