Sunday, 2 October 2022

US'22 (1.10.) - Pajute

SAT: originally Kari had thought, that we could possibly fly Mammoth, Manzanar or Walts Point. But unfortunatley for these higher launches the wind fcst has been too strong. So it was again up to Pajute, where the wind came straight in (due West). Between cycles it dropped sufficiently to permit me a good forward launch. Contrary to my other flights here (or at Gunthers) I immediately found a nice thermal, taking me to 600m above launch :-))  TOC - according to Barry has been about 3300m. Barry headed North, I on the other hand wanted to stay in 'known territory' -hoping to reach at least the same LZ as yesterday- and so I flew slowly South. Thermals have been strong, but 'felt' better than the day before.

flying past Gunthers (looking South)

The further South and the lower I came, the influence of the South wind became much greater and finally I had to land about 300m short of the same LZ, where I had landed from yesterday's flight (off Pajute).

Unfortunately no second flight todaydue to increasing South winds :-(


No comments: