SUN: once more, the best option for a prolonged flight was driving up to Pajute... Arriving on launch, we met Tim (a pilot from Texas, whom we had seen launching 2 days ago just as we had arrived on launch). He drove his car almost up to launch (to a point where the BAD road turns REALLY BAD), deposited his equipment, drove back down and finally hiked back up to launch (picking up his pack along the way) - cudos!
After a nice reverse (!) launch I tried (as Kari had suggested I might) to fly North. But TOC seemed (even) lower than yesterday (just short 0f 3000m) and thermals much less abundant - probably due to a lower lapse-rate (=Temp.Gradient), so after a short while I turned around... Winds also ahve been less strong, but getting lower, the south push was still prominent, so I landed at the 'official' LZ for Pajute.
![]() |
| Pajute launch (middle of pix) |
On the way back into town, we checked-out Chalk Bluffs, but wind speed was just a bit too high for my reverse launch abilities ;-)



No comments:
Post a Comment