Saturday, 8 October 2022

US'22 (7./ 8.10.) (Elsinore) / LAX-ZRH

FRI: very last day here in the US. As my flight was scheduled to leave only at 1915 I had the whole day to 'kill' the time. Therefore I didn't drive directly to LAX, but made a detour via Lake Elsinore, where I've flown in 1992 (flts 189/ 190), 1993 and 2008.

Lake Elsinore

Arriving on launch I met a HG pilot with whom I had a long chat. It's a nice (East facing) site, but kind of 'special', as normally pilots are waiting for the thermals to devellop sufficiently, but trying not to miss the (last) moment for launching, before the West wind kicks in - then it would be too late ;-) In winter, when there are (light) Sant'Ana winds, this is not a problem and also soaring becomes possible... Another problem: there are no official/ approved LZs anymore :-(   >> toplanding or landing in one of the few open fields and getting out before anybody complains...

route flown...
arrival in ZRH (Rwy 14)
Boeing 777

Uneventful flight: leaving LAX on/ arriving in ZRH 10' before schedule :-)

No comments: