Saturday, 29 June 2024

Scuol

Fri, 28.6. Normally I wouldn't travel that far when the fcst is so unpromising, but what is 'normal' this summer? But one has to take advantage of the few half-way decent looking days this summer...

So I drove to Schiers, by train to Scuol, where I met Marlies, PeterNo and UrsH and then by gondola to Motta Naluns. 


Conditions looked nice and once a cloud shadowing a large part in front of TO had finally disappeared, the house thermal 'delivered' as we had hoped :-) (Cloud base while I have been flying: > 3100msl)

Pano looking south (Val S-carl on the right side)
At first I tried to fly East, but lots of sink, so I turned back to the house thermal; after a while the same thing towards the West... At the higher altutudes the NW-/N influence could be clearly felt. Today I didn't feel too comfortable in the air (lack of airtime / too little experience in thermic conditions so far this year?) so after 1 hour I landed in Scuol.

LZ Scuol 'West' (the long, freshley mowed field to the left of the red houses)



No comments: