Wednesday, 5 January 2022

Escaping winter...

In order to get away from the rapidly changing winter weather back home I departed yesterday for a 4 weeks trip to the Canary Islands - flying with Edelweiss to ACE (Arecife/ Lanzarote).

Climbing to cruising altitude over Swtzerland (near Berne)

approaching ACE - and a nice cumuli is 'waiting' for us ;-)

I'm travelling with my friend Andy. He'll stay for the first 10 days, before flying home again.

After having checked-in at our appartement in Punta Mujeres, we first headed to Orzola. But here the wind has been to weak, so we drove to Mala. Here very nice conditions preveiled: the wind not too strong, but strong enough for easy reverse launching and soaring.

Soaring Mala; Punto Mujeres is the small (white) village at 12 o'clock

Andy toplanded and drove our car back down; I landed at the bottom after a bit more than an hour...

Sunset (and dinner) at Arieta

All in all a very nice start into this vacation - especially considering the fact that most probably the next few days might be unflyable due to strong winds.

No comments: