Sunday, 23 January 2022

Saturday: Dos Hermanas

...a very nice day with little wind and (almost) no clouds. Hartmut has made 1 flight; I could make 2 :-)

Nice conditions on launch with some headwind. On the first flight thermals have still been a bit weak, so I landed after about 40 minutes. On the second flight thermals had been much stronger, but still very small: I needed to make tight turns (close to the mountain face) in order to center my climb. But I was able to fly out to Mirador de la Pena before landing at Los Sargos.

looking back to launch (Hartmut getting ready)

LZ Estacion (in Frontera)
'Ireland'

Mirador de la Pena

looking SW (Frontera)

Today I also have been able to finally meet in person another of my contacts here: Renan. He has been very helpful in locating and correctly naming the flying sites here on el Hierro.

Dinner at 'La Pasada' another recommandation by Alvaro: this restaurant serves some typical local dishes: Lapas (Napfschnecken), Cabrito (Ziege)...


Lapas

No comments: