Monday, 31 January 2022

Sunday: Calima / Taucho

Even though the Calima was still 'on', we headed up to Taucho, as we saw many gliders in the air.

Launch was packed with pilots (mostly locals) preparing and launching, but the visibility was very bad: LZ at Leroy Merlin could be barely made out, LZ at the beach in La Caleta could not be seen...


I had a good launch in light wind and after several attempts I finally made it over launch and headed towards Ifonche.

Over the 'Fingers' at Ifonche I turned around as further towards Conde most pilots were flying low (too low in fact for my liking).

Ifonche

So I headed back towards launch, but I could feel that the wind was picking up and climbing also became (even) more difficult. Thus I decided to head out towards the LZ near our villa. I seem to have chosen the right moment as I just made it with enough altitude to the LZ :-))

This has been Hartmut's and Gaby's last day here; tomorrow they'll fly back to dampness, coldness, clouds and wind ;-)

No comments: