Thursday, 13 January 2022

Thursday: Macher

Again it has not been easy to find a good flying site: we ended up in Macher, but the wind was alreday blowing quite hard: Hartmut declined to fly, Andy was able to launch from the top, but I needed to descend quite a bit down in order to find a place, where the wind has been less strong. On the third attempt I finally got away :-)

Andy preparing to launch from the top

Conditions became 'sporty' rather quickly (climbs > 5m/s), so  landed after about half an hour...

We moved to Playa Quemada hoping the wind would be good for soaring, but it was just strong enough for some groundhandling...

Playa Quemada

As normally towards late afternoon the wind is supposed to get weaker, after having had 'Kaffee und Kuchen' we tried once more Macher. Conditions had improved a lot, so Andy and Hartmut made a flight. I declined, having carried around my gear already enough for the day...





No comments: