Yesterday (Tuesday) we drove to Ifonche. Clouds were hanging low and it even rained at times. Hartmut had a good launch and a nice flight, landing right outside our villa.
I on the other hand had nothing but problems with my launch :-( And as the wing got wetter with each attempt, the less success I had - finally I packed up completely bathed in sweat...
| Ifonche (West) |
Wednesday: together with Ivo and Janet we drove to Taucho. The launch has been improved a lot since my last visit here in 2011.
Again I didn't get away on the first try, but eventually I had a nice flight until it started to rain again. Then I headed out towards the beach overflying our villa.
| parking space of Leroy Merlin |
| our villa lies at 0430 of the big swimming pool |
| Beach landing |
I didn't land right on the beach as many pilots attempted to land there at the same time, but found a really nice (grassy!) feld just 300m short of the beach :-)
Very unfortunately there seem to have happend 3 accidents involving paragliders: one right on the beach, another one below launch where apparently 2 pilots had a mid-air collision. About the third one I haven't heard any details. But it doesn't come as a real surprise when you look at the way some pilots fly: not following rules of way, turn direction in thermals etc...
No comments:
Post a Comment