Saturday, 22 January 2022

Friday: (Malpaso)/ Sightseeing/ Dos Hermanas

In the morning light winds from SW - so no real good flying site...

But at Malpaso - the highest point on el Hierro (1501m) - we've found a place where I could groundhandle a bit.

The further SW we drove, the clearer the sky became.

Mirador de Bascos -Sabinosa
El Sabinbar - these are some of the oldest plants in the whole of spain

Arenas Blancas (looking towards Frontera)

Driving back to Frontera we had coffee with Alvaro, one of the contacts here I had been given. He recommended some good restaurants and also suggested that we should drive up to Dos Hermanas for an evening flight (- thanks for all the tipps!).

Dos Hermanas

When we got there, the clouds, which had covered the launch most of the day, had dissipated. With a little tailwind (and a long run) Hart and I both managed good launches :-) I even could find some weak thermals to extend my flight a little before landing at Los Sargos as the sun was setting.

LZ los Sargos
Sunset at los Sargos

All in all a long, but very interesting day which we finished off with a good dinner at 'la Bodeguita del Fà'.



No comments: