Saturday, 17 September 2022

US'22 (15.9.) - (Cove)

Sunrise at our Motel in Richfield

Stacy told us in the morning, that there might be a flyble window from Cove, starting at about 1000 until 1300+. So Andy, Aaron and I drove up to launch, just to find it already 'occupied' by the pilots of the 'Wide Open' (PWC and US Nationals) ;-)

Cove: South launch

As I had a really lousy night with my left shoulder hurting all the time I did elect not to fly, so Aaron got a chance for an extended sledder.

Aaron setting up (and Stacy)

As the thermal activity started to pick up, Andy was one of the first to launch and for quite a while flew always on top of 'the stack' until it was getting a bit too crowded for his liking. He landed at Monroe, where I picked him up.

Monroe: Valley View LZ

Hoping the weather would hold for another few hours, Aaron and I wanted to visit Capitol Reef NP, but arriving near Koosharem we turned around, as in the direction of the NP ist was already raining heavily :-((  Actually the task of the Wide Open had to be cancelled around 1500 due to overdevellopement.

...driving out to Capitol Reef NP (near Glenwood, UT)


 

No comments: