Wednesday, 28 September 2022

US'22 (27.9) - visiting Bodie

Originally I had hoped, that Kari Castle, my Guide in the Owens Valley starting Wednesday, would already be available on Tuesday. But unfortunatley she had other plans, so I wanted to use the day for visiting Bodie State Historical Park - something I had put on the 'must - sees' for this trip once I had seen a documentray about this Ghost town at 8400ft/ 2560m North of Mono Lake.

Sunrise at Virginia Creek Settlement
near Bodie


For leaving Bodie I did not use Hwy 270 again, but drove along Bodie Road (via Del Monte Canyon).


'Road' is an euphemism for this -in parts BAD- 4WD track; it's probably the limit what can be driven by an 'ordinary' SUV. After having made it through Del Monte Canyon I think my car would have it probably also made up to the launch at Goodsprings ;-)
Having my InReach along always makes me feel a bit more secure when driving such dirt track (or remote roads), as for most of the time I was driving outside cell phone coverage and this tool would have allowed to get 'help' if worst should have come to worst...

The drive back to Bishop took me again via Mono Lake (Lee Vining)

Mono Lake (Pano looking East)

Tomorrow I shall meet Kari - wx is looking fine (ev still a bit windy on Wednesday)...


No comments: