WED: first flying day here in the Ownes Valley with my guide Kari Castle. She picked me up at my motel here in Bishop and drove me to 'Pajute' - once more a 'not so nice' dirt road up to a launch: no way you'd do it on a 'normal' SUV ;-)
 |
| 'road' to launch |
It took me a while until I found a good thermal, but then I could climb to almost 4000m; wind at TOC (= Top Of Climb) was pretty strong: South at 29kmh - good for flying XC, but not so good for me ;-) |
| Pano looking North |
 |
| landing on the irrigated fields... |
Later in the afternoon it looked as some soaring at Chalk Bluffs might be possible. But instead of picking up speed, the wind slowed down and finally turned even to W. As I had already set up and was ready to go, Kari suggested I might as well make a sledder and pack up at the LZ instead of folding up on launch... This has been one of my shortest flights in quite a while (the 'vert' here is only about 220ft/ 70m).
 |
| Chalk Bluffs |
No comments:
Post a Comment