| Court house in Junction (built 1903) |
![]() |
| One can almost see how the Aspen change colours... |
Contrary to yesterday on Cove, where I had the launch for myself, around 20 other pilots were waiting to get airborne. It took quite a while before conditions turned on and pilots took off. Initially, it seemed rather hard to get high.
I had set myself a deadline for launching by 1215 - as we needed to be in Saint George latest by 1700 in order to pick up the rental car for my last 2 weeks. Mike would drive the car we had used since departing Denver (DEN) back to Richfield.
If I'd been here only with Andy and a few other pilots, I think I would have launched, but with so many pilots eager to fly I waited until most of them had departed, so I'd have space and time for me to set up. But by that time my deadline had already passed; furthermore the thermals looked sharp and also bumpy ;-)
We had to say good-bye to Mike in Saint George: again, it has been very interesting to have him as a guide and to travel with him - thanks a lot!
It took us another 2.5hrs before getting to 'crazy' Las Vegas (LAS) - it really was quite a 'culture shock' arriving here after having spent the last 4 weeks in rural country.
| that's about how it felt here in the 'Luxor' and LAS |
| Luxor hotel |
Originally I had thought that maybe I'd stay also 2 nights here together with Andy, but LAS is certainly not the 'plave to be' - at least for me, so I'll be departing in the morning for the Owens Valley, my destination for the next week. I will also not try to fly Goodsprings (just South of LAS), as my rental car most probably is unsuited for the road to launch, even though Andy had offered to drive/ retrieve me... He will fly back to ZRH on Tuesday evening (with EdelweissAir/ EDW).

No comments:
Post a Comment