Saturday, 6 September 2025

IT -Abruzzen - (Norma) Gioia dei Marsi, Cassino

Wed (3.9.) A sledder at Norma would have been possible - but not worth the hassle of getting back from the LZ to Norma ;-) So I drove to Gioia dei Marsi, arriving at the same time as most of the group got there. Later, here a very nice flight has been possible with tops at 2400m: unfortunately I had underestimated the temperatures at that altitude :-((

Cori (near Norma)
Gioia dei Marsi -launch (looking W-NW)
looking SE-S
LZ ('above' the road)

Thr (4.9.) Driving 1.5hrs to Monte Cassino, as all closer sites would have been under the influence of the North wind... I flew for an hour, but never really felt at ease and with the high temperatures (> 30°C) I decided not to fly again, but returned to our hotel instead. This proved to have been the right desicion, as I almost immediately felt asleep ...

Pano looking S-SW
Launch





No comments: