Saturday, 6 September 2025

IT -Abbruzzen - Rocca Calascio_Pannetone, Madonnina Capo da Serra

Fri, (5.9.) Another promising day :-) We drove 1.25hrs to Calascio, where all have made a nice flight. I got up to 1900+, where (again) it started to get a bit cool ;-) I attempted to top-land, but misjzdged the approach and landed eventually at the 'ULM-LZ'. Hans (one of our 2 drivers) picked us up and, as it has become a bit too windy on this launch, we headed for Madonnina Capo da Serra. But also here at first it remained to windy/ gusty, we stopped at nearby for some drinks. Later a nice flight became possible with great views of Grans Sasso and Campo Imperatore. I even managed to land at the 'ULM-LZ' near my car, thereby overflying the Calascio launch - this time top-landing should have been possible, but relaunch?

Rocca Calascio
Calascio, Grans Sasso (left) Campo Imperatore

Madonnina Capo da Serra
approaching launch (looking South)

Gran Sasso, Campo Imperatore (Looking N)
Calascio launch

No comments: