Tue (16.9.) During breakfast my friend MarcoZ had called me to discuss today's options (we had earlier agreed to spend the next 3 days together) and we decided to meet in Bassano (Semonzo - GardenRelais) at 1130. While riding to launch we checked-out first 'Stella,' but I didn't look fine, so we choose 'Tapetti'. At first cloud base has been rather low, but later it slowly rose to around 1200m. Conditions have been really nice: strongish thermals, but never bumpy. Today I had my longest flight this year so far: 3:10; second is 2:24.


Wed (17.9.) As conditions further East - where I had hoped to fly (Gemona, Lijac) - looked still windy and cloudy, we decided to meet again at 1130 at the LZ Garden Relais. Marco took me all the way up to Panettone for a 2+hr-flight. I had attempted to cross from Anttene-Costalunga to the West (Rubbio), but there the air felt 'weird' and I had lots of sink, so I turned around... As I didn't want to make another flight here at Bassano, we decided to drive to Meduno for a late afternoon flight. (1+hr) :-) and dinner together.
 |
| Meduno, looking NW |
 |
| Meduno (launch) |
Thur (18.9.) My last day with Marco. We met at the LZ of Revine, a site I had not flown before. The drive to launch took us about 45'. |
| Marco |
Flying has been rather ardous, as the whole day the inversion could be clearly felt. But the site is well worth a visit: for its wide and nice TO, for its great views (lake and mountains) and its large LZ.
 |
| Dolomiti Bellunesi |
 |
| Passo San Boldo |
 |
| Revine Lago and LZ |
Afterwards I made a flight from Dolada (Alpago); also here the inversion could be clearly felt at 1630m and I have been unable to break it...
 |
| launch |
 |
| preparing... |
 |
| Pano looking East (TO just visible) |
 |
| Pano looking S |
 |
| LZ at Pieve di Alpago(on both sides of road) |
No comments:
Post a Comment