Monday, 8 September 2025

IT - Abbruzzen - Rocca Calascio_Pinetina / (Cannatina) :-((

Sun (7.9.) ...not my day...

Calascio_Pinetina (upper launch) looking South; in the middle/ front: Panettone launch

Rather windy day: after several attempts I finally 'got launched' into a very active airmass :-(  After this rather lousy launch I never felt comfortable in the air, and the flight ended after less than 25' with an equally lousy landing. Just maybe - if the launch wouldn't have been so 'disappointing' - I would have been able to handle this bumpy air a lot better...

launch on lower rt corner
looking back to launch: highest point above my glider

Almost all pilots landed after only a short flight, not having liked the air much...
As I have been rather frustrated with my flight, I decided not to go for another one - even if this meant missing a new site: Cannatina. Instead I had an early dinner at a nearby restaurant, followed by an ice-cream at Pescina on the way back to the hotel...
But as it turned out; they couldn't fly at Cannatina (due wind)...

quite a decent sized steak: 500gr ;-)



No comments: